HEADER

The G-Men!!!!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008


Well I know I'm about a week and a half late with this post, but better late than never. This one is going out to my New York Giants who made history on February 3, 2008 by winning the Super Bowl at the expense of the imperfect 18-1 New England Patriots (Boston Sucks!!!). I have to give props to my boy Eli Manning for quieting all his critics and playing one hell of game. I have too admit that I have always supported Eli, but I had my doubts about the Giants winning the Super Bowl this year when we lost Jeremy Shockey and Mathias Kiwanuka. The press and media said that Eli didn't have enough attitude to win in this city, but he definately showed the world his adopted NYC attitude with less than 3 minutes in the game and being down by 4 points. Eli drove the team down the field and showed what he could do with a bunch of quiet relatively unknowns like:
David "The Greatest Catch Ever" Tyree
Kevin "I'm Shockey Without The Mouth" Boss (Rookie)
Steve "Keyshawn's Envy" Smith (Rookie)
Ahmad "We Are Marshall" Bradshaw (Rookie)
Madison "What A Block" Hedgecock
And also throw in:
Plaxico "Who Needs Practice?" Burress
Amani "Mr. Clutch" Toomer
Brandon "I Will Run You Over Like A Truck" Jacobs

Add that combination together and what do you have???????

The priceless shocked faces of the Buccaneers, Cowboys, Packers, and Patriot Players.....LOL

Enough cannot be said about The Giants "Stomp You Out"Defense; that must have had Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Carl Banks, and all Giants Defenses from the past with smiles because the glory and Giants name was restored!!!!!!! Shouts to
Michael " I Finally Have A Ring" Strahan
Osi " I Am Legend" Umenyiora
Justin "You Are Going To Remember Me" Tuck
And the entire defense who shutdown that offense and sent Tom Brady packing for vacation with Giselle. (Maybe they should link up with Tony Romo and Jessica, LOL)

Finally Shouts to Tom Coughlin who was man enough to know his approach wasn't working and changed his game plan (like winners do) in order to get the ultimate prize (Knicks take notes)

Also shouts to GM Jerry Reese who in his first year on the job drafted 8 players in the 2007 draft who all played and made contributions this year; 6 of them played in the Super Bowl and made key plays which led the their championship win!!!! He has my vote for GM of the year.

So who's laughing now?
Not Eli, Tom, or the Giants, they knew they could shock the world, and they did!!!!!!

Congrats to my New York Giants, the parade was crazy!!!!!!!!!

My New York Yankees are next.

P.S.
Tiki Barber, I love what you did as a player for the New York Giants.
You should have retired with class and kept your mouth shut.
All things come back to you sooner or later, in your case it came a year later.
This has to hurt!!!!