HEADER

New Video: Jon Cryer Responds To Charlie Sheen

Friday, March 11, 2011



Charlie Sheen may have half-apologized for calling Jon Cryer "a troll" for not speaking up during his public battle against their bosses, but his "Two and a Half Men" co-star is having the last laugh.

As the LAPD raided Sheen's home in search of firearms Thursday night, Cryer paid a surprise visit to TBS' "Conan" and received an overwhelming round of applause from the studio audience.

"Those words were very painful to me for many reasons, not least of which is … I'm sorry, I can't even believe I'm saying this," said a mock serious and somber Cryer, 45. "The fact is, I am a troll."

"It's not something I like to talk about. My parents don't even know I'm a troll," he added. "Of course, I guess they do now."

With the audience in stitches, Cryer kept a poker face as he continued to explain that "there's not a lot of tolerance for people like me, especially in Hollywood."

Trying to hide his identity to avoid ignorance and bullying has been a difficult feat, the actor claimed.

"You have no idea how much time and money I've spent on electrolysis and hair dye and reconstructive surgery," said Cryer, who then showed a Photoshopped image of himself made to look like one of the popular childhood collectable dolls.

In a move that is sure to upset some of his Hollywood peers, Cryer "outed" a few famous faces who have also been hiding their real troll identities: Paul Giamatti, Helen Mirren and even host Conan O'Brien's sidekick, Andy Richter.

Now that he's no longer "living under the bridge," Cryer assured all the younger trolls living in the world: "It gets better. Not gay better, but sorta better."