HEADER

New Article: Kanye West's New Album Will Have 5 Different Covers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Kanye West may be down one album cover, but he's up five more.

On the heels of his new album cover being banned this weekend, West revealed that in the end "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" will be made up of five covers in total.

"You get all five of them when you buy the album," he told MTV.com.

This weekend the "Power" singer's label, Def Jam, "strongly encouraged" him to shelf a provocative piece of artwork he claimed would adorn his fifth album.

Painted by frequent collaborator George Condo, the artwork featured a wolf like Kanye naked on a couch, bottle in hand with a naked, winged woman with a polka-dot tail and no arms straddling him.

West duly dropped the cover and tagged it "Banned in the USA!!!" on Twitter.

"They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!" West tweeted.

The rapper added that he had not thought about the response to the album cover when he designed it.

"In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers," West tweeted.

Wal-Mart was quick to issue a response, claiming they never actually saw the image the rapper claimed they had banned.

"As always, it's our standard practice to carry the edited parental advisory version, they told MTV.com in a statement. "We did not reject the cover artwork and it was never presented to us to view."

West issued one final tongue-in-cheek comment on the Condo cover.

"In response to the reaction of my album cover," he tweeted, "'I'm deeply sorry if I haven't offended everybody.'"

"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" will hit shelves -- on one form or another -- on Nov. 22.

Article by Anthony Benigno / NY Daily News